COVID-19 Update: Governor Baker Releases Full Vaccine Eligibility Timeline
This morning, Governor Baker released the full COVID-19 vaccination eligibility schedule for all Massachusetts residents.
The timeline for remaining groups is:
- March 22nd: Residents 60+ and certain workers, included but not limited to restaurant workers, grocery and convenience store workers, transit workers, public works and court personnel.
- April 5th: Residents 55+ and residents with one certain medical condition.
- April 19th: General public ages 16 years of age and older.
All residents can preregister to book an appointment at a mass vaccination site at mass.gov/COVIDVaccine.
Appointments will be offered based on eligibility and available appointments nearby. It is expected that more sites will come online as part of the preregistration process in April.
Massachusetts’ preregistration system makes it easier to request and schedule an appointment at one of the 7 mass vaccination locations. Eligible people can preregister for a COVID-19 vaccine appointment at mass vaccination locations only. More locations will be added to the system in April.
Once you sign up for preregistration, you’ll receive weekly status updates. You can opt out at any time if you find an appointment elsewhere. Once an appointment is available, you’ll be contacted with the opportunity to book the appointment and have 24 hours to accept it. Massachusetts receives a limited supply of COVID-19 vaccine doses from the federal government each week. Due to high demand and very limited supply, it may take several weeks to schedule an appointment or to be notified that an appointment is available at mass vaccination locations.
How to Schedule an Appointment When Eligible
There are different ways to find a vaccine appointment if you're eligible:
- Preregister at VaccineSignUp.mass.gov to be notified when it's your turn to schedule an appointment at one of 7 mass vaccination locations: Fenway Park, Gillette Stadium, Reggie Lewis Center, DoubleTree Hotel in Danvers, Eastfield Mall in Springfield, Natick Mall and former Circuit City in Dartmouth.
- Use VaxFinder.mass.gov to search for appointments at pharmacies, health care providers, and other community locations
Individuals 75 and older without access to the internet or who are unable to preregister or schedule their appointment online can call toll free 2-1-1 or (877) 211-6277 for assistance.